- Postdoc, Umeå University, Sweden (2022- )
- Ph.D. (Mathematics), The University of Newcastle,
- M.Sc.(Hons) Mathematics, BITS Pilani Goa Campus (2012-2017)
- B.E.(Hons) Mechanical Engineering, BITS Pilani Goa Campus (2012-2017)
- ANZIAM 2021, Zoom Webinar
- AUSTMS 2020, Zoom Webinar
- ANZIAM 2020, Hunter Valley.
- 34th International Workshop on Water Waves and Floating Bodies
(IWWWFB), 07-10 Apr
2019 - Link to the abstract.
- Computational Techniques and Applications Conference 2018,
CTAC2018, 27-30 Nov 2018
- International Conference on Recent Advances in PDE, 08-10 Jun 2017, IIT-Bombay
- International Conference on Recent Advances in Theoretical and
Computational PDE, 05-09 Dec 2016, UIET Panjab University.
Seminars and Colloquium
- Mathematics of Sea Ice and Ice Sheets (MOSSI),
Newcastle/Zoom Webinar - Slides
- Monash Workshop on Numerical Differential Equations
and Applications 2020, Monash University,
Melbourne - Slides
- NSW-ACT ANZIAM Annual Branch Meeting, 25 Nov
2019 - Link
- Analysis and PDE Joint Seminar, University of Sydney, Held at
Newcastle, 15-16 April 2019 -
- NSW-ACT ANZIAM Annual Branch Meeting, 19-20 Nov
- Kalyanaraman et al., (2021). iceFEM: A FreeFem package for wave
induced ice-shelf vibrations. Journal of Open Source Software,
6(59), 2939, https://doi.org/10.21105/joss.02939
- B. Kalyanaraman, M. Meylan, L. Bennetts, B. Lamichhane, A coupled
fluid–elasticity model for the wave forcing of an ice-shelf,
Journal of Fluids and Structures, 97, 103074.
- B. Kalyanaraman, M. Meylan, B. Lamichhane, Coupled Brinkman and
Kozeny–Carman Model for Railway Ballast Washout Using the Finite
Element Method, Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand, 1-14..
- B. Kalyanaraman, B. P. Lamichhane, M. Meylan, A gradient recovery
method based on an oblique projection for virtual element method,
ANZIAM Journal, 60, 187-200.
- B. Kalyanaraman, L. Bennetts, B. Lamichhane, M. Meylan (2019) On the
shallow water limit for modelling ocean-wave induced ice-shelf
vibrations, Wave Motion 90, 1–16.
- B.P. Lamichhane, A. Kumar & B. Kalyanaraman (2018). A mixed finite
element method for elliptic optimal control problems using a
three-field formulation. ANZIAM Journal, 59, 97-111.
Awards and Achievements
- Google Summer of Code 2021 with NumFOCUS/Gridap.jl
- Selected for an International PhD Summer School on
Ocean Engineering conducted by the University of Dundee, Scotland
and Harbin Engineering University, China. The workshop was fully
funded and included a cash prize of approx. A$1000.
- Graduate Thesis at BITS Pilani Goa Campus (Aug 2016–May 2017).
- Summer Intern under Visiting Students Research Programme, TIFR-CAM
Bangalore (2016, 2017).
© 2019- Balaje Kalyanaraman. Hosted on Github pages. Based on the Minimal Theme by orderedlist
- Languages: MATLAB, C++, Fortran, Python
- Packages: FreeFem, LaTeX
- Version Control: Git